August 19, 2013
The Sidney Village Board Disaster Relief Fund committee met on the above date for a special meeting. The following trustees were present: Arrasmith, Burr, and Osterbur. Carol Moore, Village Clerk, was also present. The meeting began at 7:13 p.m.
Trustee Osterbur had talked to Becky Lauher about the details of administering the fund. After some discussion, the following guidelines were established, subject to Attorney Hendren's guidance and approval.
- The fund will be for people displaced from their residence because it is inhabitable due to fire, tornado, flood, or earthquake.
- The person affected should approach the Board for assistance. That person should be 18 or older.
- Approval of assistance will be by simple majority of the Board.
- The amount granted will be $500 per household.
- The fund will be open to anyone living within the Village of Sidney, renter or owner. (This might be changed to Sidney Township after checking with Becky.)
A question of whether to have the full Board meet to vote or just a quorum because of the timeliness of granting a request was discussed. It was decided to ask Attorney Hendren's opinion of the matter.
It was decided to send the guidelines to Attorney Hendren for his advice.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.